flowers

flowers
Sketch: a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist with making a finished picture.

My name is Tessa. This is my blog. It's always under construction.

So, it changes a lot. But you may find a few things that will remain consistent. Like:

5. I like quotes, books, and art.
4. I love pretty things and old things.
3. I'm learning how to cook, and do other grown up things, very slowly.
2. My friends are the apple to my pie.
1. It's all about Jesus. Most importantly, it's all about Him.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Resolutions- Post New Year's

So, it's officially February, and I've just decided on my New Year's Resolution. Yes, I am obviously late, but oddly confident in my choices for this list… so I don't really feel bad about the timing. Besides, It's never too late to make goals.

1.) Speak life over myself and others 


"The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit." 


Proverbs 18:21

2) Find a type of exercise that works for me and do it

"Strong is the new skinny" 
-Day Loyd 

3) Never give up on dreams

I mean, I am writing this a month late… there are a few more things I need to dust the cobwebs off of. Like writing… 

4) Forgive- even at the slightest twinge of pain, bitterness, or offense


"When you forgive, you in no way change the past - 
but you sure do change the future." 
-Bernard Meltzer


5) Be excited for others and their achievements 

I don't want to become cold, jealous, or bitter of my friends…
"Cause ain't nobody got time for that!" 
I want to rejoice with them!


6) Read more novels to help my vocabulary

      Two years ago I was much more prepared to have a quick-witted remark or an intelligent word on the tip of my tongue. Since graduating from college, the amount of reading actual  grammatically correct sentences (not Facebook) and vocab-enhaning material has slowly waned. It is not lost, just fading…. My goal is to get it back! Maybe I'll start with a little Jane Austen to help with my wit and words.


"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, 
must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen 



Hey, Jane Austen said it. Not me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment