flowers

flowers
Sketch: a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist with making a finished picture.

My name is Tessa. This is my blog. It's always under construction.

So, it changes a lot. But you may find a few things that will remain consistent. Like:

5. I like quotes, books, and art.
4. I love pretty things and old things.
3. I'm learning how to cook, and do other grown up things, very slowly.
2. My friends are the apple to my pie.
1. It's all about Jesus. Most importantly, it's all about Him.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Christmas and Freedom


Away in a manger, no crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head
The stars in the bright sky looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay


Oh, It's that time of year again. The time for scarves, hot cocoa, and the Michael Buble holiday pandora station. No, we haven't had Thanksgiving yet but it seems like the two are no longer like a cousin situation but like brother and sister, with one comes the other. 

I can't say I am complaing though. No grinch here. I love Christmas cheer like most of the other over eager holiday fanatics I know. And I have to say I'm glad that we celebrate Christmas so early and so fiercely... as long as along with all of our human traditions we don't lose sight on what's most important: that little baby Jesus, that perfect life, and that cross that gives us the freedom to chat and giggle over grande Peppermint Mochas at our local Starbucks. 

So why am I writing this Christmas post mid-November? Because something fantastic happened to me last night. It was 7 p.m. when both of my roommates and several of my other friends had to leave our apartment for worship rehearsal at our Church. Why I am the only one without musical capabilities is a question I ask God frequently.... Anyways, on top of that my sweet boy is in night class at that time until 10 pm... which is also crazy. So, basically I am a lone ranger on said night. 

I decide that this particular week I really don't feel like being alone so I go to Target to pass away some time. It seems I automatically stroll back to the Christmas section without even realizing it. It was really my wonderful Jesus having a sweet date night with me. Don't you love how God loves to romance and woo our affections back to Him? 

Over the past few months I've been dealing with a lot of fear/insecurity. Kind of on a more intense level than I ever have though. It's something I have been praying about and giving to God repeatedly. 

Well, this past week during the night, it was like I was wrestling with this idea even in my sleep! I remember tossing and turning just feeling crazy! And then suddenly, a picture flashed across my mind of Jesus on the cross and the words, "I died to give you freedom."

Such a peace settled over me. It was then I realized just how desperate I had been for a touch from God. 

This image and truth from Jesus is renewing my mind in such amazing ways. He died for my big fears and petty fears. They have to submit to Him. He died so I could freely live, and freely go about my life in fullness of joy. 

Oh, happy day. 

So at Target, walking around the Christmas isle with holiday tunes in the air and ornaments galore, I thought of baby Jesus. That He came as a baby... God came to earth as a baby... and lived a perfect life and died and rose again for me. Wow. That puts so much in perspective and it gave much needed freedom to this little child. 

Thank you Jesus. 

"I don't have to be great, because my God is." -Andy Mineo 

No comments:

Post a Comment