flowers

flowers
Sketch: a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist with making a finished picture.

My name is Tessa. This is my blog. It's always under construction.

So, it changes a lot. But you may find a few things that will remain consistent. Like:

5. I like quotes, books, and art.
4. I love pretty things and old things.
3. I'm learning how to cook, and do other grown up things, very slowly.
2. My friends are the apple to my pie.
1. It's all about Jesus. Most importantly, it's all about Him.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Life with the Roomies- Post Grad

The ceilings are a bit higher here. The kitchen gadgets are sharper and sleeker. There are twinkle lights and iron chairs on the porch.

Here, people wear aprons. Walk dogs. And we get excited over carpet cleanings. My first weekend here we painted our walls teal zeal and some other minty color.

 I am now a college grad and I live with college grads that were grads before me. I feel like I'm such an adult even though it was only a few months ago I was studying all night, eating Ramen, and sleeping on a plastic mattress.

I love my new roomies, Kristin and Elissa. Though we've been friends for a few years, living with them is such a sweet, endearing transition. I feel like they are really helping me transition from a college lifestyle to the next level: basically being a 21 year old college grad who needs to learn a lot! I'm becoming more "adultish".

For instance, I've bought my own mattress (which feels like a huge feat- it took me like a month!) and have been endlessly searching for a dresser with the help of my awesome boyfriend, Evan.

 I haven't exactly embarked on huge cooking successes (I made a pretty decent soup, but that's about it)... Though, I have partaken in a lot of good food and received some great cooking tips.

I have learned how to successfully walk a dog, or at least Kristin's sweet dog, Leela. Before this year, I have never, in my life, done that.

My favorite times here are on free days. When all three of our schedules come together and we sleep in, make some good coffee (mine black, Elissa and Kristin's with cream, whip cream, and sometimes pumpkin spice). Or when we pull out the beautiful tea pot and tea set that makes me feel artsy and whimsical. This is a time of inspiration! We spread out across the living room with our Bibles, journals, and eager hearts. Sometimes we talk about blogging, and what a victory it is when we actually write! These moments of comrade re are so precious, and even though I'm aware I'm getting older and life seems more serious, in these moments I am a little girl, coming before my Father, thanking Him for His precious gifts.

Also, I thank Elissa and Kristin for taking me in and expanding my mind intellectually, encouraging me to learn basic things that are enjoyable in life like cooking and writing, and I especially thank them for always being ready with a heart of prayer and wisdom when I need them.


 As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17


Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,

and the sweetness of a friend is better than self counsel.
Proverbs 27:9



Painting that wall! FIERCE!



1 comment: