flowers

flowers
Sketch: a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist with making a finished picture.

My name is Tessa. This is my blog. It's always under construction.

So, it changes a lot. But you may find a few things that will remain consistent. Like:

5. I like quotes, books, and art.
4. I love pretty things and old things.
3. I'm learning how to cook, and do other grown up things, very slowly.
2. My friends are the apple to my pie.
1. It's all about Jesus. Most importantly, it's all about Him.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The charm of a ten-year-old. You almost had me.

So, tonight I had the sweet privilege of speaking to some of the youth at Old Gospel Lighthouse, a church I just adore in Clifton, Texas. Sadly, a lot of the kids couldn't make it because of a play practice they were in... But, let me tell you, the ones who showed up were show stoppers.

I talked about Jeremiah 29. Basically, God has the plans, we don't.

It went pretty well. Mostly it was older kids... but the kiddos in the front row were all around the very mature age of ...10 :) and super fidgity. The youth in the next two rows were older and I found that I had to for the most part look at them, because the young ones in the front would have had me laughing. I had some great questions asked about the sermon, but these were some of my favorites from the little guys up front.

"Do you talk to a lot of churches? You speak very good. How many churches have you been to?" This little guy was all business. (He said he wanted to be a missionary one day too)

"What do you want to do when you grow up? (After I said I was so excited about Campus Ministry... I repeated, ummm campus ministry)

"What is your favorite Christian song?" In the moment, I went blank and gave him the name of my little brother Levi's favorite, "Our God is Greater" (which I also love).

"What is the best question you've ever been asked?" (I had no idea, so I told him he just won that one)

and my favorite:

"Can I have your phone number?" Umm... he may have been 10, but I'm pretty sure I blushed.




2 comments:

  1. Dear Tessa Maire,

    Blessed and a Christ centered New Year to you.

    Good to know you through your profile on the blogger. Good to go through your three point sermon on Jermiah 29:11-14.

    I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live with a population of 18 million of which half of the population lives in the slums and those who live in the slums are the people who are poor, marginalised and socially, economically and politically oppressed. We reach out to such people with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and give hope, future and purpose in their lives. We also encourage young people live you from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of MUMBAI. With you intimacy and passion for the Lord Jesus we would love to have you come on a short term missions trip to work with us.
    My email id is and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete